- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Remote Desktop app, Amazon WorkSpaces client, Amazon NICE DCV client, Amazon AppStream client, Citrix Workspace app, VMware Horizon client, HP Anyware PCoIP Client
Some apps may not have access to the camera on Windows 10. Also, certain Windows update may lead to improper webcam operation. Learn how to fix these issues.
15-day trial, allowed number of user sessions: 3.
Release Date: 27/06/2023
Total Size: 43.9 MB
w Legacy versions of Webcam for Remote Desktop are no longer supported. We highly recommend you to upgrade to the current version.
- Support for Amazon NICE DCV protocol. - Minor improvements and bugfixes.
- Compatibility with the latest AWS client has been fixed.
- Stability has been improved.
- Several bugs have been fixed.
- Compatibility with Windows Virtual Desktop client improved.
- Added image flipping feature. - Fixed issue with MJPEG quality setting. - Minor issues have been fixed.Read more...
- Support of VP8 compression, overlay info string, compression preferences have been added. - Tray menu has been simplified. - Minor issues have been fixed.Read more...
- Support for the latest versions of VMware Horizon Client has been added. - New formats of video have been added. - Several minor issues have been fixed.Read more...
- Tray menu disappearing on high-DPI configurations and minor licensing issues have been fixed.
- Revised and polished tray GUI; - support of new video resolutions; - improved behaviour of webcam auto-selecting feature; - a lot of issues have been fixed; - program modules location has been ordered; - new licesing options have been added.Read more...
- License Server support has been added.
- Support of PCoIP protocol and Windows 10 have been added. - Compatibility with VFW software has been fixed.
- Compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 improved. - Minor issues fixed.
- Сompatibility with VFW applications added. - Windows 8 compatibility added. - Stability significantly improved.Read more...
OS: Linux with V4L2 and libjpeg libraries installed.
Any V4L2 compatible webcam.
FreeRDP, Amazon WorkSpaces client, Amazon NICE DCV client, Citrix Workspace app, VMware Horizon client, HP Anyware PCoIP Client.
Release Date: 09/05/2023
w Legacy versions of Webcam for Remote Desktop (Linux version) are no longer supported. We highly recommend you to upgrade to the current version.
- Initial support for VP8 codec has been added.
- Compatibility with Webcam for Remote Desktop Server 2.8.
- Support of VMware Horizon Client has been added.
- Support of FreeRDP 1.2 and compatibility with the latest Webcam for Remote Desktop for Windows have been added. - Webcam auto-selection bug has been fixed.
- Possibility to adjust video quality added. - Citrix Receiver support added. - FreeRDP support added. - rdesktop support dropped.Read more...
OS: macOS Monterey, macOS Ventura.
Apple M2, Apple M1 or Intel-based Mac. Any webcam compatible with macOS.
FreeRDP 2.x, Amazon WorkSpaces client, Citrix Workspace app, VMware Horizon client, Teradici PCoIP Client
The latest versions of HP Anyware PCoIP clients are not compatible with Webcam for Remote Desktop (macOS version) due to new limitations of PCoIP. Please use Teradici PCoIP Client v3.8.2 until we resolve this issue together with our partners.
The latest versions of Amazon WorkSpaces Client are not compatible with Webcam for Remote Desktop (macOS version) due to new limitations of PCoIP. Please use Amazon Client 5.2.0 until we resolve this issue together with our partners, or use NICE DCV protocol.
Release Date: 09/05/2023
Total Size: 2.69 MB
w Legacy versions of Webcam for Remote Desktop (macOS version) are no longer supported. We highly recommend you to upgrade to the current version.
- MacOS Ventura support added. - Video quality improved.
- Uninstall process simplified.
- Support for FreeRDP 2.3.2 has been added.
- Support for FreeRDP 2.0 has been fixed.
- Support for VMware Blast Extreme protocol has been added.
- Support for Citrix Workspace app has been added.
- Support for latest macOS 10.14 Mojave and FreeRDP 2.x client have been added.
- Support for latest macOS High Sierra and Amazon WorkSpaces Client 2.4.0 have been added.
- Initial release. - Compatibility with Webcam for Remote Desktop Server 2.8.
For any questions regarding the installation, program configuration or usage, please visit Technical Support section.
If you are upgrading the licensed Webcam for Remote Desktop and a license was purchased more than a year ago, keep in mind that our software has limited Update Subscription period.Get Support
Request extended Trial
We understand that sometimes limited Free Trial time isn't enough for thorough evaluation of software usefulness and functionality. Complete the short form and our sales managers will consider your case and send you extended trial key.Request